Thursday, June 19, 2008

Wax and Stitches

This is a post without pictures. I am trying to catch up with all the happenings here so this post is actually really short.

Wax

Angelica and I had been searching all over the place for a salon or spa that waxes. We finally got the information we needed, not from a Korean but from an American teacher. She was a great help to us and found a place that does waxes, mani pedi, and tattoos.

In Waegwon across from Camp Carol Gate #4 the salon is called Magic Nail. We got legs, underarms, and a pedi for 55,000 Won each.

Legs are 20-25,000 won


Stitches

Okay this story is a bit sad and funny and irritating if you have to live it. My student Jasmine got me a pair of earrings for Teacher's Day and I bought a belt that just happened to go great with them. Well the belt fits my hips but not my waist soooo... I decided to poke a hole in it to make it fit better. In poking a hole in the belt I cut off the skin on the front of my right index finger and had to be taken to the hospital for stitches.

I am so glad that I have health insurance . The stitches plus the antibiotics costs 56,000 won in total. I went back for additional medicine an d that was 14,000 won. Then just last week on Friday the 13th I got my stitches taken out for a whopping 1,870 won! Can you believe it? ! I'm sad that I did that to my finger but I am so glad I have health insurance.

0 comments: