Saturday, April 12, 2008

"I Followed the Voice You Think You Gave to Me"


Congratulate me, I have been accepted to FIDM! I am sooo excited about this. I have been accepted for the Merchandise Product Development program. For full information click the name but here is an excerpt from the site:


Students learn to compete successfully in trend analysis, strategic planning, line development, and preproduction planning.



A lot of people have been asking me what am I going to and what about my business degree? But I am getting this degree in fashion to supplement my degree. There are multiple occupations that one can have with these degrees to check them all click here. But what I would like to do is Product Line Development and Brand Management.

Product Developer/Brand Manager

Control an image. Be responsible for managing the development of all new styles within the total line for a specific brand within the context of the company’s financial plans and business strategy. Develop unique and creative ways to brand the company’s product.
In the long run I would like to do Brand Management with International Expansion. Here is a job description of a Senior Planner, (Note: This is just one description from one company and is not the end all be all of this postition and its potential responsibilities)

The Senior Merchandise Planner is responsible for managing a
part of the merchandise planning for Soma which may require
analyzing current business trend, market feedback, historical
data and recommending course corrections and improvements based
on these assessments. The Sr. Planner serves as the key
liaison with the Merchant of the businesses they support in the
development of the plans to achieve agreed upon financial
targets. The Sr. Planner reports to the Director of
Merchandise Planning and directs a Planners and Planning
Analysts.


So I hope that gives you some incite as to where I would like to take my career and two degrees. Now next on the agenda is Financial Aid and Housing I need a place to live and a way to pay for school. I have been working with my advisor to get this all situated before October so we shall see and I will keep you updated all the way....while listening to Beyonce's Listen which has been my motivation for a lot of this. "And now I gotta find my own...."


0 comments: