Friday, April 18, 2008

My Soap Box

Okay so my blog is turning more and more into my little soapbox rather than a place for me to just journal my Korean experiences. So this is the thing....there has been a lot going on in my world most of it circling my hair. I have stated over and over that I decided to go natural, a feat that many have tried and not succeeded at, or some say they could never do. Well I am not here to yae or nae anyone but I have been surrounding my self with information about natural hair and how to take care of it. Anyway I just recently sent some pics off to an exclusive group of friends who made some very positive comments and I really thank them for that. I am now releasing them to you.



Anyway I was on the Afrobella site and she left a link for a letter written to Oprah, buy the founders of NaturallyCurly.com. You see I guess on Oprah's show they gave women make-overs where they straightened a lot of the women's naturally curly hair. I have not seen it but I will check it out on Youtube and see what I can find. Anyway, to read the letter click here: HERE.

I am adding in India.Arie's Video in here cause I think it's inspirational. I still have my diva tendencies, still gotta be Mei, but being in a country were saying I am the minority is a true true true understatement I have been learning a different kind of self love.




Also as I got through different websites I always like to save the pictures for motivation. Even if the girls in the pictures dont have the same kind of hair as me if I see inspiration I keep it. Here are a few pictures that inspire me:



I have gotten these pictures off various blogs, articles, and Google searches under "afro" or "natural black hair" But the picture on the end I want to look just like her! I love her whole look. I have been buying big earrings ever since I saved this pic.

Okay so ends my soapbox. Once I get an idea of what really has been working for my hair and what products are making a difference I will get back to you.

Next video clip India.Arie I am not my hair




0 comments: