Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Scatterbrained

Okay so today I am so scatterbrained and I really need to put some of my thoughts in organized order and where is any better place to do them than my blog!!! So this is everything on my mind...

FIDM:

  • I need a job
  • I need to apply for alternative loans to cover the rest of the balance of tuition
  • I need to make a decision about housing, student or no
There is a group on Facebook for FIDM and there are many people looking for a roommate for the LA campus in the fall, the down fall? They are just graduating from high school. One year is a long time to live with others who are that much younger than me and still trying to figure life out. But if I do student housing there is a chance that they will pair me with someone similar, right out of high school. But the prices are out of the question to live alone. Either way girl need a job. (PS I am not looking for advice...I am venting)

Teaching:
  • English Camps
  • Open Class
  • Regular Lessons
Okay so my students know nothing. I think I have said that before but it's like really what have you been learning the past 6 years? So I have been on a grammar kick ever since I saw that they don't know basic sentence structure and they are all like don't the Korean teachers teach that? NO they teach ish cause those kids don't know it! So I started with the Alphabet and am working my way down. Well now I borrowed a lesson from Angelica on the pronunciation differences between P, B, V, and F. F and V sounds do not exist in the Korean language so that can be a bit difficult. Still they need to know the diff and pronounce it correctly. So for two weeks (since we have had incomplete weeks due to the vacation) I have been doing pronunciation. Next week we go back to grammar first we did Nouns then Pronouns now W5H (who, what, where, etc.) that will end in a game of Jeopardy where they have to answer the questions with those starting in the category.

But....I also have to do an English Camp which is after school starting in June for 5 weeks for third graders and I will invite 3 of my second graders to join. I really need to set up a lesson plan for that, it will be 2 days a week 2 hours a day for 5 weeks. Last year it was so unorganized and I was running around looking crazy wondering why the kids would not speak or participate so now I am thinking of what exactly to do. I want to touch on all parts of learning a new language: Writing, Speaking, Listening, Comprehension. I want to touch on American slang and some idioms of course, watch some shows and have them tell me what it was about. IDK I am all over the place with that.

Lastly there is this open class that I have to do with BFF (inside joke) and well....I just don't wanna. There will be other teachers from the city and officials coming to watch the class and BFF decided that she is going to teach the class and she wants me to run the computer. Defeating the purpose. She has come up with some lesson plan that she wants to put on the computer and have me put into ppt form. I told her let's see what she's got cause she kept talking to me in the middle of class. Like I didn't have three free periods today. But honestly I wouldn't want to talk to her then either, so I have to just listen to what she says. IDK how good or bad of a teacher she is but she must be alright since I have all my advanced classes with her. She usually just sits there quietly while I teach. So I guess now she wants to get her shine on. I just hope there are no hidden agendas in all this. Either way it's up to God to handle that. She and I have not had the best relationship since the Temple Stay, (check September posts).

So that's all that's on my mind. I have yet to put this in some order and do something about any of it. Not to mention these Gifted Essays that need to be graded. Luckily I get the next few days off. I am off until Tues next week so I can get some order poppin. Until then I will be listening to Cherish's new album The Truth on BET's Listen Up and reading articles from the SisterLicious group on Facebook iming Angelica. Keep a lookout for a post on the trip to the Amusement park in Daegu soon. I just have to actually edit the pics so I can tell you guys all about it. Later!

0 comments: