Saturday, May 17, 2008

Teacher's Day

Thursday May 15, 2008 was not only my Dad and friend Phi-Phi's birthday but also Teacher's Day in South Korea. I did not have school and CGV movie theater had free movies all day for teachers. Laura, Kisha, Angelica, and I went to see the new Chronicles of Narnia movie and loved it! I am ready for the next three.

Outside of free movies there were also gifts! This is from my favorite favorite Jasmine that I have featured on my Spring Time post. I was chilling on my computer and my coteacher lets me know there was someone at the door for me and it was her. She waved me over and gave me the gift. I gave her a hug, which they are so not used to and put it in my bag to open later.


She got me earrings! She really pays attention because ever since I have been wearing my hair natural I have been wearing pretty big earrings. I will wear them on Friday when we have class together. I am really trying to find an outfit for it cause I got nothing right now, but nevertheless I am in Korea and matching is not required!

Yesterday when I went to school I found this on my desk:


This is chocolate from my student Kimberly that lived in the States for some years and I now meet with Friday after school for advanced teaching. I really want to thank those girls for thinking of me and getting me a gift for Teacher's Day. Now it's just a matter of how to repay them.....

0 comments: