Monday, June 2, 2008

Heyong Nam Day of Fun (May 2)

So as I said before my main school took a trip to the amusement park right before our vacation in May. So I am now getting to it. For the full album click HERE.

Ask me the name of it and I would have to lie to you but it starts with a W and it's in Daegu. The second graders were gone for testing and so it was just 1st and 3rd, but that still took 12-20 charter buses and an hour to get there. We left at 8:30 and basically opened the park.


I was so tired when we got there but one thing Koreans know how to do is eat:


They packed this stuff up from home and brought it to the park. We were grubbing at 10 am and that is all we had to eat all day until we left. There was also alcohol and the male teachers were at another table getting toasted before noon. I guess to them the perfect chaperon is a drunk one. J/K (maybe...) Like I said I was tired so I went to sleep and it was morning so it was chilly and I laid on one of the flat tops, kinda like a raised sitting area with a small table atop it for eating. One of my teachers asked if I wanted to go home and I told her I was fine, I was having an allergy issue but her main concern was the fact that I was sitting in the sun.

Culture Fact: Koreans HATE the sun and do anything they can to avoid it. Umbrellas, visors, sweaters, hats. You name it they do it. The thought was that poor people have tan skin b/c they worked in the fields back in the day so dark is bad. They do everything but sun screen. Go figure.


Anywhoo, on this day the students did have to wear uniform and it's nice to see them in regular clothes so they don't look like mini clones but....


However this is really cute!There are some pretty okay rides there, unfortunatly the teachers are too afraid to ride them. We rode two rides both of which I thought were for children only. But for some reason this ride here made them scream like death was upon us all:


I couldnt even fake enthusiasm. If I was with a kid maybe but I was with 3 grown women thinking you have got to be kidding me.

I really do want to go back with my friends and actually do it right, it's only 30 min by train so maybe we will. And when we do one of the coolest things about that place is the Sky Tower.

This tower is 80 stories and at the top is a restaurant that rotates so you can see the city and I took a few pics of the view. The rotation is so subtle but annyoing when trying to find the bathroom an hour later.

I took loads of pics of my students especially my fave of faves Jasmine. Take a look



They look innocent but they make you wanna call Child Services on yourself!

All in all I had a good time at the park but I need to go with adults next time. Keep a lookout for Everland post in the next two weeks. Until then I leave you with this....


0 comments: